Catégorie : AOC old agricole rum with protected designation of origin "Martinique" (pure sugar cane juice, no blending, no artificial flavor, no sugar added)
Alcoholic degree : 40°
Aging : 3 - 4 years in oak barrels
Volume : 100 cl
Tasting recommendation : to be consumed neat, or with a tea spoon of cane brown sugar or sugar syrup for about 5 cl of rum.
Released in 2007 under the simple name of "Heirs Madkaud old agricole rum", this AOC rum is aged during 3 to 4 years in oak barrels. It took the name of "vintage renaissance" in 2017, for the 160th anniversary of the birth of the founder, Felicien Madkaud, born on the 28th of november 1857. The label was modified for the occasion.
On the nose, it is a smooth rum with woody notes mixed with mocha, grilled coffee with spices. The end is fruity with brandy, "prune" style.
On the palate, it is a round rum, supple, with the aromas of the nose carried by the tannins of the oak barrel.
Product prize list
- 2018 - International Wine & Spirits Competition : Silver medal
- 2017 - Moscow Prodexpo contest : Silver medal
- 2016 - Madrid international rum congress : Bronze medal
- 2013 - Cathay Pacific Hong Kong International Wine & Spirits Competition : Silver medal
- 2013 - Madrid international rum congress : Silver medal